Sunday, March 05, 2006
Clear Static & Shiny Toy Guns

Let me introduce you to the new guys in town, Clear Static, they are about to release one of the best New wave electro albums of 2006, the self titled album "Clear Static" is going to rock your socks from beginning to end! My personal favorites include "97 Lies", the lead single "Make-Up Sex", and "Like The Movies". If you like new wave, and electro all infused, this is the album for you!




Clear Static - Make-Up Sex
Clear Static - 97 Lies
Clear Static - New Years 1984

The album goes on sale this Tuesday on iTunes, and in stores May 2nd!


Recently I got my hands on the Shiny Toy Gun's album "We Are Pilots", they are also another new wave electro rock group like Clear Static, but not quite the same! Their album is really quite good, my personal favorites are below. Right now they are on tour with Clear Static across the USA, they might be coming to your city soon, so check out their myspace page if you're interested.

Shiny Toy Guns - You Are The One
Shiny Toy Guns - Photograph
Shiny Toy Guns - Le Disko
15 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Oh my goddess! 2 brilliant tracks in one day! Yay! Spark*Pop will adore Duke who are on DONTSTOPTHEPOP at the moment!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
That's great! I am on board Clear Static now. Thanks for the tip. I like New Years 84 the most, I think. I was born in 84! But not in NY! haha. You rock.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I'm very excited about their album coming out today. I saw the artwork for the album for the very first time today and I was wow-ed, it SOOO fits the album. ^_^

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Le Disko is cool~

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Of the two groups I prefer Shiny Toy Guns ^-^!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I hate EVERY song you posted here.

I ***HATE*** this type of music. It sounds NOTHING like New Wave. I HATE music where the guitars drown everything out and the vocalists are whiny ass guys. Its as bad as emo music!

Its all about the POP.

ROCK sucks.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Rock doesn't suck! I think they're very good (both groups) and people who don't open their minds to new things are really sad in my opinion.

shame!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I gave them a listen! They got their chance! Rogue Traders uses guitars but they do it without them overpowering the song... ya know?

to each their own : D>

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Exactly, to each their own. ^_^

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I love actully having a good place to talk about this music. No one IRL listens to any of this and therefore they dont care... LoL

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I've been lovin' on Shiny Toy Guns for awhile now... good call.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
This is the most comments i've ever got! Woot! ^_^

Anonymous Anonymous said...
oooohhhh, drama at sparkpop!!! :)

aaron, i agree about nobody else caring. i can make as many europop mix cds, and no one will ever 'get it.' so thanks to you guys for keeping me sane and giving me someone to talk to!!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I agree with Drake (especially about the mixtapes for friends).
But I'm liking these songs you posted.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Its not drama!! This is a forum for open-music discussion! Terry understands that!