Friday, May 26, 2006
the evolution of "Hypnotic Tango"


Remember what we did last week with "Killer"? Well now im gonna give a stab at it with "HYPNOTIC TANGO".


My Mine - "Hypnotic Tango"

The original version of this song was done by the 80s Italo-Disco group "MY MINE". Im assuming that they were one-hit-wonders because I couldnt find anything on them!


Master Blaster - "Hypnotic Tango"
A overly-tranced and synthed out 2002 remake. I think its complete and total junk... but you might like it


Bananarama - "Look on the Floor [Hypnotic Tango]" (Angel City Edit)
The best version in my opinion. This album was just released stateside this month. I only know because someone from Australia pointed that out to me. No promotion here and no sign of them on the radio as of yet ; />

SPARK*TV



BANANARAMA - "Look on the Floor (Hypnotic Tango)"

8 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Never heard this one before, I like the Bananarama version, cool vid .

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I wish the girls released love bite and your love is like a drug.

FAB Songs.. but this is alright

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I quite like the 1st two single choices...

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I pointed out that it was out in the US, you douche. lol

Anonymous Anonymous said...
OMG your right! LoL!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I forgot to post the Blanca B version too... shit!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Original lyrics... http://www.lyricsdownload.com/my-mine-hypnotic-tango-lyrics.html

1st Link above with My Mine - "Hypnotic Tango" in red is the original track. Check it and compare.

Man this is an original 1983 Chicago old school house music classic we used to play. Its a banger back in the day! No dis to the gals but if the rmx aint doin it any justice.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
http://www.piccadillyrecords.com/ver2/products/DJ+T+Starlit++Electrofied-27778-2.html

DJ T's Starlit samples Hypnotic Tango just like Bananarama's.

Charlie